- Starting at $3.40/lb$3.75/lb300071
- Starting at $2.85/lb300105
- Starting at $4.95/lb300088
- Starting at $3.20/lb300009
- Starting at $2.90/lb300035
- ORGANICStarting at $3.65/lb$3.85/lb301091
- Starting at $2.05/lb$2.15/lb301102
- Starting at $2.95/lb300074
- Starting at $4.65/lb301072
- Starting at $4.55/lb300077
- Starting at $4.25/lb300038
What are industrial frozen purees?
Frozen purees are precisely what their name indicates —vegetables and spices that have been washed, cleaned, peeled, pureed to a paste-like consistency and frozen to preserve the finished product. This process keeps the flavor and taste of fresh vegetables, herbs and spices consistent and to extend the usability and shelf life of the products.
At ofi, our industrial purees are fresh and full of taste, with the color and aroma of the highest quality vegetables and spices. Including fresh ingredients in your recipes can be labor intensive and finding raw material throughout the year may present sourcing challenges.
Using frozen purees can be practical and economical, providing you with a de-seasonalized supply of fresh taste and flavor year-round to add to your favorite meals. Whether you are looking to add garlic, onion, red bell pepper or ginger to your next recipe, ofi’s supply chain expertise provides all the ingredients for your needs.
So, what can industrial frozen purees be used for? Frozen purees have many applications, including:
- Frozen entrees
- Pasta sauces and glazes
- Salad dressings
- Dips for chips and veggies
- Soups and stews
- Salsas and regional curries
- Meat and protein alternative seasonings
History of Purées
Though the exact history of purees is unclear, the term puree is French in origin, where it meant purified or refined in Old French from the 13th century. Purees are often included in recipes that range from marinades and dressings to soups and sauces.
To make a puree, food is ground, pressed and blended into a creamy liquid suitable for inclusion in many different recipes. At Olam, our industrial vegetable and spice purees are easy to use and even more delicious to taste.